Uncharted Worlds: Reign of Terra
Declare a Contact
Once per job, you may declare a contact local to the area. Tell us some details about the contact and how you crossed paths. Then Roll 2d6. If you spend an appropriate Data Point, you may Roll +Influence, or a stat appropriate to the nature of your relationship.
10+: Choose 2.
7-9: Choose 1.
- They are of a higher station than you.
- They possess an unusual skillset or resources.
- They are amicably disposed to you.
- They are reliable.
On a miss, choose 1 anyways, and the GM may choose to make a move, or the contact may prove to be unreliable, dealing with their own situation, or have ulterior motives.
A second PC may choose to Get Involved with this roll. This consumes their use of Declare a Contact. They must also spend a Data Point if they wish to add a stat to the roll.
Hit the Street
Usually, contacts will do what you want for a fair price – handled via an Acquisition test. But there are times when additional persuasion is needed. Roll +Influence to do the persuading.
7+: Make an Acquisition test to get what you want.
7-9: Choose 2.
10+: Choose 1.
- It’s going to cost you extra (probably Cargo).
- It’s going to take some time.
- Word’s going to get out on the street.
- You’re going to have to make it right.
On a miss, choose 1 and you’ll have to call in a Favor.